Wednesday 9 January 2008

&

Why Ampersand?

Well, besides from being a phonetically and visually lovely word, and a kicky little symbol that I agonised over learning to draw way back when, ampersand denotes that there is something to come, something else to layer on top of what's here already. I love discovery, I love gaining knowledge, I love novelty and I love sharing those things with others. The focus of this blog is nothing novel, unfortunately. It's just going to be a compendium of incidental thoughts, experiences and pretty things I want to share, things that are new to me, or potentially new to readers, or both.

About Dahl:

Eighteen-year-old student of English literature and psychology. Dubliner who smiles often, dances (ballet) purely for pleasure and had a poem published for the first time in November. Public transport enthusiast who puts blusher on her nose for that frostbitten look and likes films based on Jane Austen books more than the books themselves. New blogger who is slightly ashamed of using such painfully hip sentence fragments but likes how compact and snappy they are.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just stubled across your blog and I'm glad to see that you're fond of the ole ampersand, as well! It's by far one of the most visually stunning typographical symbols. I wear an ampersand pin often:

http://www.nubbytwiglet.com/2007/new1.jpg

Anyway, you've got a great writing style and I also enjoyed your post about being a more thoughtful consumer. I'm working on making some of the same changes right now. It's an ongoing battle!

xo

Nubby
http://www.nubbytwiglet.com